We have a job vacancy waiting to be filled by you or someone you know who will represent our agency — specifically, our volunteer opportunities — to the public:
Coordinator of Volunteer Recruitment
Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County
Meals On Wheels, Inc. is a non-profit agency that delivers over 3,800 meals a day to the homebound in Tarrant County. Volunteers deliver the meals and other needed services so it is vital to meet this mission to secure additional volunteers.
Coordinator of Volunteer Recruitment is a position with Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County to be the community liaison in recruiting volunteers. Meals On Wheels is looking for a self assured person with a positive attitude that relates well to all environments in the community. This person will represent all aspects of the volunteer program and Meals On Wheels in the community. Public speaking is a must as they will be talking to groups of people and engaging them in joining the Meals On Wheels volunteer team. Needs to be a person that is a self starter and that will generate their own leads. Recruit volunteers through personal contact with corporations, churches, civic clubs, retiree groups, exercise groups, etc.
- Flexible schedule must be available for evening and weekend presentations.
- Be a contact in the community for Meals On Wheels
- Public speaking a must
- Identity and staff information booth at community events, volunteer fairs, health fairs, festivals and church bazaars. Coordinate volunteers to help staff the above listed events.
- Computer skills are needed to keep records on contacts and follow-up correspondence with contacts.
- Cross training in order to staff volunteer scheduling desk when needed.
- Help plan and staff volunteer appreciation events.
- Meal delivery when needed.
Reports to the Director of Volunteers
35 hours per week position with flex hours according to evening and weekend meetings.
Cell phone allowance
Send resume to: Nedra Cutler, CVA, Director of Volunteers, 320 South Freeway, Fort Worth, Texas 76104, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 817-338-1066